Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Well last Friday I took half a day off work and we started out on our loonng journey to Whispering Pines Campground. It took us about 5 hours to get there and I was impressed with Isla's behavior. She slept for the first couple hours and then we stopped in Jeff City to go to the bathroom and I sat in back with her to feed her and entertain her the rest of the way. We arrived just in time for dinner and about half an hour later Isla let us know how she really felt about the long car ride :) Josh, Isla and I slept in the air conditioned camper which I was very thankful for. We enjoyed spending time with the family and us "older" kids went on a mini canoe trip which was very relaxing. The grandma's stayed back at camp and had a fun filled day with the kidos! Brady, Taylor, Josh, Craig and Hilary had one heck of a water fight... There were water guns and buckets of water everywhere. The kids really enjoyed themselves even though at one point Brady no longer wanted to be squirted...he only wanted to be the one squirting. We also took the kids down to the river to play in the water. Taylor had a blast and I thought she was going into convulsions she was shaking so hard from being cold! On Monday we packed up and got to see Nannie's new house and her new baby colt. Overall it was a great weekend!

Swimming in the bucket
Isla in her polka dot bikini....thanks Nannie!
Such a Diva already
Brady and Taylor splashing in the river
Nannie and Isla
We took a nap... I don't remember the last time I took a nap!
Snuggling with Nannie
Josh after the water fight
He snuck up on Brady and Taylor with a bucket of water

No comments:

Post a Comment