Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Evan~1 Year Old

It's a little late...I know...story of my life with three kids, a dog and a husband ;)

My little little man is 1. The baby days are officially over, never to return! It was only 2 months ago that he turned 1 but I feel like he's been 1 forever some how. He is such a funny, happy little boy and brings us so much laughter and joy on a daily basis. One of the funny things we love is the he walks. He has a couple different ways and they are so funny! When he's on a mission to get somewhere he swings one arm really hard and then when he is just walking casually he swings both arms in front of him with a big smile. He also "runs" which is walking really fast with the possibility of falling at any second. And he can climb! We officially kicked the bottle/formula and switched to milk. The milk transition was a little difficult because he wasn't a fan! I'm not sure if it was the temperature(cold) or the taste or what but he did not drink it. The first week we tried he barely drank half a cup total! I went against every bone in my body and will in myself and put a little chocolate syrup in it and he drank a little more. Then I happen to run out of Vitamin D milk and gave him 2% and that's when he started drinking it! He apparently wasn't a fan on whole milk so we did 2% for a while and now he will drink any kind. I was so surprised because he hasn't been picky about anything else he's had to eat/drink. The only other big change he had at a year was his hair! We did his first hair cut the morning of the boys birthday party and he looked so different and so blonde! He is my blonde hair, blue eyed boy. Josh had really light hair when he was young and even Aiden had lighter hair and I think I will get one kid with blue eyes! His are beautifully blue :) At his 1 year check-up he weighed in at 25 pounds and then I imediately went home and ordered him a new carseat. He was only 3 pounds over the infant carrier weight limit but it was time for a new seat anyway. He was happy to face forward with the rest of the crew! I had waited for a while to write this post hoping I would have a chance to take some pictures but it has rained and rained and rained so the lighting hasn't been the best.

Evan, we love you with all of our hearts!

Enjoying some cake on his birthday

 The hair cut!
His bog boy seat
His blue eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment