Wednesday, October 21, 2015

And now she's in Kindergarten

August 20th, 2015~Isla goes to Kindergarten!



We woke up early to have plenty of time to get ready and eat breakfast. Although, she hardly ate anything at all. She said she wasn't hungry but I'm guessing it was a combination of that and nerves. She looked absolutely adorable in the outfit we carefully picked out together. She had decided to go ahead and ride the bus on the first morning too! We waited outside and a few minutes after 8am, the bus showed up. Things went downhill quickly at this point. She started crying as soon as she saw the bus and actually started running back to the house. The bus driver told me I could carry her onto the bus and find her a seat. I found her a seat and sat her down, gave her a big hug and kiss and told her to be brave and have fun. She looked at me through teary eyes and said "ok, I love you, I'll miss you." I told her the same and sent her on her way waving and smiling as the bus drove away. I went inside and started crying like a child myself! What kind of mother forces her child onto the bus in tears?! I gathered my composure and cut myself some slack. I knew she would be fine and would make friends in no time because that's just who Isla is. The boys and I went about our day and the dynamic had changed so much. They peacefully played and napped and it was a little quieter in the house. Around the time the school releases for the day, I went outside to wait for the bus. The driver had told me that morning she wasn't sure what time they would be to our house and that it takes a week or so to get on a schedule. I waited and waited and waited and started worrying and worrying and worrying. Did she get on the right bus? Did she get off at the wrong house? Should I call the bus barn and ask? And the she arrived! I was so excited to see her and hear all about her day! She ran to me and threw her arms around my neck. It was the kind of hug the tugs on your heart. She was smiling and excited. I asked her how her day was and she said "Good!" The funniest part was that she thinks she went to Grant City on the way home from school. The bus takes kids to Holt which is a small town and probably looks similar to Grant City. She believed she was going to Papa's town for the first couple weeks :) She loves it and is learning so much. I'm so proud of her for being so brave!

 She also lost her second tooth that morning!

 There she goes!

Came home, put on some comfys and passed out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment