Well again I am a couple weeks behind but we did go to PA a few weeks ago for my cousin Lianne's wedding. Her and Mike have been together for a loong time and he is hilarious. We had quite the time traveling to and from but the wedding was beautiful and we enjoyed visiting with family we don't see very often.
We flew out super early on Friday morning and headed to Detroit where our car seat was left and we almost missed our flight due to the gate changing! Once we got to PA, we realized our car seat was left in Detroit (by Delta) and we spent 2 hours trying to get that situated. They finally loaned us one for the weekend which was the most questionable car seat we have ever seen and I almost felt safer holding Isla! We drove to Carlisle which is where my family lived for several years and drove by Nana's old house and our old house. Then we headed to Reading and checked into our hotel. Later that evening we went over to my Auntie and Uncle Kenny's to hang out. We had a small family birthday cake for Josh and visited. Saturday we were lucky to have the chance to hang out with Jennie and Matt. They live in D.C. and so kindly drove up to have lunch with us and they got to meet Isla. We really enjoyed seeing them and look forward to the next time. Then it was time for the wedding and Isla slept through most of the reception even though the music was SO loud. Sunday we began our journey home and after a delayed flight in Harrisburg we barley made it on time to Newark where we found out only I had a seat!!! I was hysterical thinking I may have to travel with my 2 month old baby half way across the country and I was completely unprepared. Luckily my emotional breakdown was for nothing and Josh got on the plane at the last minute. We finally made it home and got ready for another week. Here are some pictures from our trip :)
Josh and Isla on her first plane ride
The Benjamin family home
Jennie and Isla (the first time Jennie has held a baby I believe!) She thought she was going to have an anxiety attack :)
No comments:
Post a Comment