Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Aiden

The next couple posts will likely be about our big boy! He has a lot of change coming up and I want to make sure we document it :)

This morning, Shannon, our Parents-As-Teachers educator, came to meet with Aiden and see how he is doing and he is doing great! This is a huge relief to me because my main fear when we decided I would stay home was his development. I've never claimed to be a teacher and I still feel lost most of the time when it comes to teaching the kids skills they need to go to preschool/school. It was nice to hear that he is meeting almost all of the developmental milestones for the 14-24 month age group and Shannon even noticed that his behavior was much better! He is talking so much more, coloring for longer periods of time, looking at books, identifying body parts and listening to direction much better. Two months ago, I had a wild man for a son and I can really see some progress and it's nice. We still have some work to do but it's encouraging to know we are doing the right things. Shannon also encouraged me to keep trying story time at the Library to help him learn to sit still and pay attention in an educational setting. Last week I was in tears by the time we got home because both of the kids were not so good and I didn't know what to do. Josh had suggested we set up a "story time" for the kids at home to practice sitting still and listening and Shannon actually suggested the same thing so maybe we can make that a goal for the next couple weeks.

Last night was Aiden's first night in his big-boy bed and he stayed in bed all night. He did manage to wiggle out of the small opening and fall out about an hour after he went to sleep but he made it the rest of the night just fine and was laying in bed when I went in to wake him up this morning. Victory! Although, Josh and I suspect he will start escaping from his bed in approximately 1 week. Which is why we started now, so we can get this new bed thing mastered before the baby comes in 9 weeks. We finished painting the boys room this past weekend with some help from Dennis and I will post pictures soon when we have the finishing touches done :) It definitely looks like the boy room I had always envisioned for him and I'm super excited to be making progress in baby preparations!

This is Aiden coloring....notice he has his head resting on his hand...but his arm isn't touching the table!

And here he is being a boy! He was actually in time out on the steps and managed to fall through the rail and land face first in the mud :) It was hilarious!




No comments:

Post a Comment