I must say I had a proud parent moment on Tuesday when I dropped Isla off at school. Her project was one of two hanging on the door to enter the preschool. A while ago her preschool had a 100 days of school celebration and the kids were to make/bring something to show the class that symbolized 100. Now in the letter that was sent home about the celebration it said you could bring 100 M&M's or a snack that equaled 100 etc. I considered those options and decided that this was a project for Isla, not me :) What would she really learn if I made a snack or counted out 100 pieces of candy for her to take. And even if she helped count out the candy, she would be more focused on eating the candy than the purpose of the project. SO I bought some supplies to make a project and we worked on it for two days! Now was she overly excited about it? Maybe not but by the end she was proud of it and that's what mattered.
The project she completed was gluing on 100 pom pom balls to the signs that said 100
She counted them out mostly by herself. I did guide her into counting them out into piles of 25
And there it is hanging on the door with the other really cool project that was a monster with 100 eyes!
She did come home with a big bag of candy so she got to enjoy that part of the celebration too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment