Last weekend we celebrated our last Christmas with Josh's mom and step-dad and once again the kids were spoiled! I even got a little spoiled :) We have really enjoyed all of the time we were able to spend with our family over the holidays and as sad as I am that the month of December is over, I think the kids are in desperate need of a little routine again. Our drive home on Sunday took quite a while because we had to drive in blizzard-like conditions(I may be exaggerating...but not much!). The kids were ecstatic to get out of the car when we got home and they just ran around the house. Not playing with toys, just running!
I'm still working on uploading all of our pictures to an album and I'm hoping to have it posted this week for everyone to see.
This week we are just working on getting things back in order. Which is hard when preschool is cancelled because its 0 degrees outside! Isla does have dance class today so she is pretty excited about seeing her friends. We have play date tomorrow with a friend from Isla's preschool class so I'm excited to get the kids out and about.
We are also working on keeping Miss Isla in bed at night so last night I started a sticker chart for her and every morning, if she stayed in bed that night, she gets to put a sticker on the chart. Once she gets 5 stickers in a row, she gets a surprise(to be determined)! She has been so bad about getting out of bed multiple times before she falls asleep and we have scolded her and talked to her etc. And the first night I switch it up and offer a "surprise", she stays in bed. I wish I would have thought to do that a while ago ; )
I hope everyone is staying warm!
Nicolle
No comments:
Post a Comment