Monday, September 15, 2014
Closing out the Summer
I don't know about you, but Labor Day weekend is the end of summer for me! We decided it would be a nice weekend to take a trip down to visit with Nannie and Paw. Josh had an extra day off and we would have a lot of time to spend there. They have season passes to Silver Dollar City so they kindly took us and the kids there for a day. I've been there one time and it was during the holidays so I've never experienced it in the warmer months and it had been many many years since Josh had been so we were excited to go and excited to take the kids. You always hope the kids will behave well on outings like this and we couldn't have asked for them to be any better! They were wonderful and they really enjoyed the kid rides and all of the sights to see. I was so happy that we had a good day and lots of fun. It rained for a little while but they were troopers ;) Of course we got them some t-shirts and our traditional magnet and I even bought a ring engraved with the kids names! I've been looking for something like that for a while and what better place to get one. After we left the park we stopped at Lambert's for dinner. The kids had fallen asleep so we let them sleep while we waited for our table. We ordered lemonades for the kids and they were the biggest lemonades ever! Aiden wouldn't put his down and wasn't too hungry by the time his food came. He was a big fan of the throwed rolls though! I helped him catch one and he then proceeded to throw it himself.....it was hilarious and nobody was hurt in the process so we had a good laugh.
The picture above was funny because as we were walking out, we saw a sign that said the "Downing Family" so naturally we had to take a picture. Apparently we were performing later on ;)
The next day Paw got out one of their horses for the kids to take a couple rides on. Isla was so excited and loved it. She keeps asking when she can ride a horse fast! This kid, she is a completely new kid. Aiden went around 1 time and then he was done. He wasn't upset and he didn't throw a fit but he had no interest in continuing his ride. Even Evan sat on the horse and although he's a big guy, he looked soooo tiny up there! We played outside and just hung out for the day. We also made sure everyone got a good nap in from the long day before.
On that Sunday we went to church and then out to eat for Pizza. Evan kept me pretty busy through lunch but I did manage to eat a few pieces of pizza before we headed home. Later that afternoon we took the kids to the river. They really enjoyed splashing in the freezing cold water and throwing rocks to watch them splash. I so much enjoy watching them have fun. To see the pure joy on their faces warms my heart. Evan hung out in his car seat and napped. How he naps through some of these activities is a mystery to me. After the river, we took the kids to the trout fish hatchery down the road and we were able to feed the trout. Of course they thought that was awesome!
We had a wonderful time with Nannie, Paw and Harper and I was happy we were able to make a trip to see them.
Here is the link to the pictures I had from that weekend~
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=76120a5f9c6baac66cbbd47cbb382743&sid=0BbuGTlo1Ys2EM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment