This year Isla started Pre-K which means next August she will go to Kindergarten and I'm pretty sure it will take me all year to wrap my mind around the fact that she will be old enough to go to Kindergarten. She is going back to TLC Preschool at the Lutheran church in Kearney. I was a little concerned about the class being too small but they have 10 kids in the pre-k class and it seems to be a good number. They also have a new director/teacher this year who is finishing up her degree at Missouri Western. I was a little skeptic at first but she seems to have a handle on everything and it overall seems more organized this year. She has done an excellent job keeping the parents informed on what the kids are doing all week and I really appreciate that.
Isla is always excited to go to school and I've really noticed that she is retaining more than last year. Sometimes she has to say the entire alphabet to remind herself of what letter they are working on but she gets there. I've also been impressed with how much she can tell me about the bible story of the week! She can remember enough that I know what she is talking about. They did implement a behavior chart this year so we are always striving for a green day which she doesn't have any issues with, yet :) She has pretty much done with naps but we've turned that into special Isla and mommy time but Evan does join us most of the time ;)
Isla is also taking dance class again at Studio 320 and she LOVES it! She looks forward to class every week and she now practices different dance steps/techniques around the house which warms my heart.
Isla is smart, sweet, smiling all the time, dramatic, tall, talkative, inquisitive, a chicken wrangler, loving, affectionate, girly, imaginative, helpful and my one and only baby girl. I love her to pieces and often find myself overcome with emotion when I realize how big she is. Time is moving too fast!
Nicolle
No comments:
Post a Comment