Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Catching Up

So it seems that as soon as we start the Holiday season it's over! And for us, as soon as Christmas is over we enter into a month full of birthdays and celebrations and the poor blog is pushed to the side. We did have a wonderful wonderful time over Thanksgiving and Christmas though.

We hosted Thanksgiving dinner here and luckily everyone was feeling better than last year. We had a very full table of family and we just enjoyed the day. Later that night, Josh and I got started on Christmas shopping for the kids and the next day my mom, sister and I headed out to brave the crowds again. Some people swear they would never go black Friday shopping or even on Thursday but it's something my mom, sister and I have been doing for many years and I always look forward to it! And it's really not as crazy as people think, especially after stores started opening on Thursday night ;)

We also hosted a Christmas party with some friends this year. We had done it a few times in the years past but it was the first one in this house and thankfully we had much more room! We made a big traditional Christmas meal and everyone donated some toys for "Toys for Tots". We laughed and talked and the kids ran around crazy! It's always fun to get together with our friends and have a good time.

We added a new member to our family, Duke. He is a yellow lab that Josh is training to be a hunting dog. He's doing really well so far, if we could just get him to pee outside, all the time.

The weekend before Christmas we celebrated with Josh's dad and Grandma. We spent the weekend eating lots of food and opening lots of presents. The kids were off to a good start! Then Josh took the week of Christmas off so the kids and I got to enjoy having him home and we loved it.

On Christmas Eve we made cookies, had some delicious beef stew, went to church, opened new pj's and read some Christmas stories. Then off to bed for the kiddos so Santa could assemble and place the gifts. The kids were super excited to open gifts on Christmas morning! Evan was a little sleepy but he did enjoy ripping the paper off. We cleaned up a little then headed out to have Christmas with my family. We went to my moms first and opened gifts and then to Nana's to have dinner and open more gifts! We were exhausted by the time it was over but who isn't??!

Right after Christmas, we started potty training Aiden. I was terrified and the first part of the day was terrible but then the afternoon was better and it started going well. He has done far better than I ever anticipated. I'm happy to say he is in big boy underoos all day now! Yay!

Unfortunately, Josh's mom was super sick over New Years which is when we had originally planned to have Christmas with her but we did get to celebrate the following weekend and we had a lot of fun hanging out and playing games! All of the kids were there and they always enjoy that time together.

Now we are getting ready for a birthday party this weekend to celebrate Isla turning 5! I'll have more to post about that soon :)

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment